5/25/21 - The Knox Substance Abuse Action Team and the Knox Suicide Prevention Coalition are offering a two-hour training for suicide prevention on June 10th from 5-7 pm at the Ramser 4-H Activity Center located on the campus of the Knox County Fairground. The training will help community members recognize warning signs for suicide and assist others in need, KSAAT has chosen the QPR (Question-Persuade-Refer) Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training Program, a community-focused, nationally-recognized, empirically-based suicide prevention program, to educate our community about suicide and the resources available for those needing professional help.
In this training, participants will learn:
- Myths and facts about suicide
- Recognize signs someone may be thinking about suicide
- How to ask questions to assess the situation
- How to persuade the person to stay alive long enough to get help
- How to refer them to a professional for help to get them through the crisisand into treatment