Knox Public Health's senior health and wellness is a FREE falls prevention program in conjuction with local EMS/Fire Departments for seniors in Knox County.
All services with the falls program includes:
- Home and Safety Evaluation
- Fall Risk Assessment
- Basic Health Assessment
- Chronic Disease and Medication Education
- Links to Community Services
Don't let an accidental fall ruin your health. Did you know . . .
- 30-40% of people who fall will fall again
- One in three Americans over 65 years of age experience a fall
- More than half of all falls occue in the home
Accidental fall can cause:
- Hip fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Loss of mobilty and independence
Stay Safe at Home - falls ARE NOT a natural part of aging!
Program funded by United Way of Knox County