Medicaid - What You Need To Know!
Our mission at Knox County Community Health Center reads “We are committed to the health of the community by promoting healthy lifestyles, preventing illness, and protecting the community.”
We take an active role in your health journey and accepting Medicaid is a huge part of this journey. Did you qualify for Medicaid? It is available not just for older adults but infants, children, young adults, pregnant women, and those with disabilities? Medicaid is the primary program providing comprehensive coverage of health care, long-term services, and support to millions of people with low income in the U.S.
Here at the Knox County Community Health Center, we provide access to care and offer low cost, quality services for individuals who qualify. We even offer oral surgery, however; patients must have a referral from a dentist. We provide medical care for all ages from pediatric to geriatric, including Women's Health. We never turn a patient away due to their inability to pay.
We believe that health care is vital to all people in our community and by being a preferred provider for Medicaid, we meet the needs of all people in our community.
Questions About Medicaid?
If you are new to Medicaid, deciding if it is right for you, or just have questions, head to the Ohio Department of Medicaid to get answers to some of your questions.
Some of the most common ones are:
- How do I know if I am eligible for Medicaid?
- What information is needed to apply for Medicaid?
- How can I sign up for Medicaid?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- How do I add my newborn to the Medicaid case?
- How do I arrange transportation?
- How do I complete the renewal process?
As always, our dedicated staff can help you navigate the process, so don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Our Health Center staff can also help you.
Medicaid Managed Care Plans
Which managed care plan is yours? Did you know we accept all these plans here at Knox County Community Health Center? As a preferred provider, and endorsed by these plans, we are here for you.
- AmeriHealth Caritas Ohio, Inc.
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Buckeye Health Plan
- CareSource Ohio, Inc.
- Humana Healthy Horizons in Ohio
- Medina Healthcare of Ohio, inc.
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Ohio, Inc.
Now that you see all these plan providers, why haven’t you found your way to us yet?
Benefits of Using Medicaid for Your Family:
There are many benefits to Medicaid, and we are here for your medical needs.
Come in and get the care you need, including:
- Treatment of illness such as earaches, colds, sore throats, sinus infections
- Management of chronic disease such as diabetes
- Physical exams for work, school, and sports
- Well-child exams
- Immunizations for children and adults including shots for influenza, pneumonia, hepatitis A and B and shingles
- Women’s health including pregnancy tests and pap tests
- Blood pressure screenings, TB testing, tetanus shots, STD testing
- Dental care for children and adults
- Counseling services and treatment
- Tobacco cessation treatment
- Nutrition counseling
- Substance abuse treatment
Sliding Pay Scale:
While we take most commercial insurance plans, as well as Medicaid and Medicare, we never turn anyone away due to their inability to pay. We offer a discounted sliding fee scale based on the patient’s household size and income.
We are your Community Health Center and will work tirelessly to give you the best care possible, while respecting your privacy. Please come see us at any of our locations.