Be There for Me!
Who among us doesn’t want to be there for our children, family members, and friends? At the Knox County Community Health Center, we are here for you and your family, and want you to be there for yours.
Do you know everything we offer and how we can help you stay healthy and safe? It is our goal and mission to serve the community and keep everyone as healthy as we can. Are you doing everything you need to be there for your family? We offer healthcare for everyone!
Everyone means everyone – from the very youngest to our seniors. For those of you who are seniors, we provide all of the care listed below for you! Do you have some mental health concerns you want to discuss with someone or need help with? Are you searching for someone affordable to help you with dental issues, or do you have chronic health ailments that need monitoring? Our clinics and our Knox County Community Health Center are here to help you!
What can we do to help you:
- Testing – We are currently offering FREE at home COVID test kits (found at the front desk of Knox Public Health or at the East Main St. Danville office), in-office testing (COVID-19 PCR) and curbside testing (also a COVID-19 PCR, but for symptomatic people so they don’t have to come inside the building). We are currently conducting about 60-80 COVID-19 PCR tests per week. PCR is a diagnostic test that determines if you are infected by analyzing a the sample at a lab to see if it contains genetic material from the virus.
- We are masking at all facilities.
- Our Community Health Center is conducting telemedicine appointments. If you are symptomatic, this is a safe and effective way to be diagnosed and helped.
- Vaccines are back in stock and available for you. We currently are offering Johnson & Johnson, as well as third doses of Pfizer and Moderna for those who qualify (click HERE for the full list of qualifications). As the requirements are ever-changing, always check before coming in to receive a booster shot.
- Flu season is right around the corner and this year may prove to be more problematic for the flu. The Knox Public Health Community Clinics have started offering flu shots as of October 1st. Our Mount Vernon location offers the flu shots daily. We are also offering the COVID-19 vaccine as well at all clinics. (Call to check with us and see which vaccine we have at the moment.) And you can get both the flu shot and COVID vaccine at the same time. Click HERE for this year's Community Immunization clinic schedule.
- Our Medical Clinic provides medical care, including treating illness, managing chronic illnesses, physical exams well-child exams, pregnancy tests, pap tests, immunizations, and more.
- Our Dental Clinic provides routine dental exams, as well as fillings, sealants, x-rays, cleanings, extractions (including Wisdom teeth by our Oral Surgeon!), and child dentistry.
- Our Counseling Services help you with emotional healing and personal growth.
- Staffing is a top priority and we are adding more staff to keep up with the growth and increased patient load at all of our health center locations. Your health is our priority.
Want to know more about us and what we can offer you? Check out our Knox County Community Health Center website.
Also, check out the Knox Public Health pages where you will find our Health Center locations, COVID-19 information, public health programs and more.
We are here for you and want you to “Be There For Them”! Contact us for all of your health needs.