We can now be your medical home
Dr. Deborah Cowden is now accepting new patients of all ages.
Her clinic hours are Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. noon and 1-4 p.m.
To make an appointment with Dr. Cowden, call 399-8009.
Download and print patient forms to be completed before your first appointment:
Patient History Form Medical Insurance Form
Female Patient Form Male Patient Form
** Walk-In appointments with the doctor available Monday through Thursday **
The medical clinic provides basic healthcare for children and adults including:
• Sick and well patient visits for those without a primary care doctor
• Treatment for ear aches, sore throats and other pediatric problems
• Treatment for sinus infections, flu, colds and other chronic or acute health problems
• Female health exams including Pap tests and breast exams
• Physical exams including those for school, employment and sports participation
• Patient education offered for diabetes, COPD, asthma, high blood pressure,
high cholesterol and other issues
• Pregnancy testing; STD testing and treatment; HIV testing and counseling
• Blood pressure screenings, TB Testing, Tetanus shots
• Special interest in nutrition and women’s health issues
• Immunizations for adults including shots for influenza, pneumonia, Hepatitis B and shingles
• Immunizations for children including shots for babies, all recommended shots to attend school,
plus shots for HPV (Gardisil) and meningitis
Immunizations by appointment only, Monday, Tuesday and Friday
The medical clinic is open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – noon and 1 – 4:30 p.m
and until 7 p.m. on the third Tuesday of the every month.
• Sliding fee schedule based on income
• Medicaid, Medicare, Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Molina and CareSource accepted
• Cash, checks, money orders, debit cards and credit cards accepted for payment.
• Make checks and money orders payable to the Knox County Health Department.
• No one is refused treatment due to inability to pay.
• There is a $10 additional fee for those who live outside of Knox County.
Dr. Emerson Laird is the medical director