Manufactured home parks are now licensed by the Ohio Manufactured Homes Commission, pursuant to the passage of H.B. #487.
Click here to contact the commission.
The commission contracts with the Knox County Health Department to inspect all manufactured home parks in Knox County. We are required by the commission to inspect each park at least once per year or more often if needed to maintain that the parks are in compliance with the Ohio Manufactured Home Park Rules (Ohio Administrative Code 3701-27). The Ohio Manufactured Homes Commission is responsible for the placement, setting and installation of homes within a park.
For more information, contact Environmental Health division at
or by calling 740-392-2200, ext. 2228
What We Inspect
When we inspect a manufactured home park this is some of what we look at:
- Distances between homes;
- Placement and condition of storage sheds;
- Streets, walkways and lighting;
- Water lines, sewage lines and storm drains;
- Park service buildings;
- Mobile home connections;
- Solid waste, trash collection and proper storage;
- Limited areas of the electrical systems in the park;
- Recreational and storage areas;
- Proper storage of boats, campers and RV’s (not permitted on lots);
- General maintenance and condition of each lot and the park;
- Presence of insects, mice or rats in the park.
What We Don’t Inspect
- The interior, exterior or condition of individual homes;
- Electrical systems within individual homes;
- Water supply to the park. This is regulated by Ohio EPA;
- Installation or placement of fencing and decks.
Helpful Links & Resources
Manufactured Home Park Rules (OAC 3701-27)
Ohio Manufactured Homes Commission